Saturday, August 6, 2016

The amazing benefits of sponsorship



Over the years I have had several people ask me about ways they can help New Hope if they are not in a spot to travel over and volunteer or to adopt or they might be in a spot like me where they are simply not old enough to adopt yet. One of my favorite things that I am part of is the New Hope sponsorship program. Did you know it takes at least 8 sponsors per child to cover the cost of their care? This includes diapers, food, medicines,living cost, clothing, bottles and depending on their need sometimes even their surgeries. Certain surgeries cost is beyond the simple sponsorship so that is a different category, if you feel called to sponsoring a surgery that is possible as well. However, one of the fun parts about being a sponsor is you get to choose which child you would like to sponsor and you can do that HERE , On top of that you will also receive quarterly updates and pictures of your sponsor kid(s).

Eleanor Grace in 2013
I first became a NH sponsor back in 2013 when my sweet friend Callie and I were able to witness a new admission and we decided we wanted to sponsor her and so we were able to pick out her English name which is the name the kids go by for anyone reading or asking about them. We chose the name Eleanor Grace and we would get so excited about any and all updates we would receive after we left China that summer. We waited for the good news after her surgery and we prayed for her forever family. Now thanks to some amazing prayers and social media we are connected with her amazing family so we have continued to watch her grow over this past year with her family (her family even named her Elenor).
Annie Spring 2016

Last summer I met sweet Annie through our amazing Hong Kong hospital adventure. I knew that when I got home I wanted to start sponsoring her and so for this past year I have been sponsoring my sweet Annie girl.
Penelope Spring 2016

Then....This past spring while I was at NH this squishy cute little baby arrived and I knew that even though I would have to cut back on personal spending  I really wanted to sponsor her as well and because I was her first sponsor I was able to choose her name so her name is Penelope. She is just the cutest little thing. So, if you read this far you either want to see the pictures I have added to the end of these cuties or you would love to know more of the nitty gritty details about becoming a New Hope sponsor.

New Hope sponsorship
*cost $40 a month and they request a year commitment
*This helps cover all of the kids basic needs and allows for NH to keep as many beds open as they can
*You get to "know" your child through pictures and updates sent out quarterly
*You can even send over goodies if you want (check out my girlies wearing their matching outfits)
*You get to pray for this child and their need and for them to find their forever family
*You get a tax donation receipt at the end of the physical year

**You can sign up now HERE

Now just look at these sweet pictures of my current sponsor princess's in their new outfit that I sent over along with some new footie pj's for them.


Like seriously I just want to eat them up and I miss them so much but I pray everyday for their forever families to be lead to them and for their health and well being. If anyone has any questions about New Hope or the sponsorship program, please ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment