Thursday, May 30, 2013

Ni hao ya’ll


Ni hao ya’ll

It is hard to think that I have been here for almost a week already! It has truly flown bye. With every transition there are rocky parts, which I have been able to work my way through with my awesome support group at home and here. But there have also been some fun adjustments! Preschool class is a whole new adventure and I am so glad that I will have it to help keep me busy throughout the week. I have a total of 5 classes each day Monday- Friday.  My first two classes are the “kindergarten” classes which I have 4 kids in the first class which is an hour and half long. Then I have 3 different kids for the 2nd class, which is an hour long. For both of these classes we are working on ABC’s, colors, shapes, story time, songs, and playtime! Soon we will be able to add in arts and crafts, the first step is getting the kids adjusted to having me as their teacher. After my morning classes I have a couple hour break because of lunch and naptime. During the afternoon I have 3 classes with my little ones (each class gets younger as the day goes on!) for 45minutes each class. There are between 3 and 4 kids and each one. At this stage we are just having playtime and singing songs. It is all about them getting to know me and me them and then hopefully we can make our way into doing story time and some other fun stuff. It has been fun but I have been really thankful for having Anne’s extra hands this week and I am not sure what I am going to do without her! I know that everything will work out and go just the way God wants it to!

Since Anne is only here until Tuesday I am taking her on a bit of site seeing tomorrow. We are going to be off to the great wall and the pearl market! It should be a fun day and I am excited about here getting to see a bit more then just life here at hope!


That’s all for tonight! Here are a few pictures for class.

~Stephanie






**As I am writing this blog Anne is mixing up some weird tuna stuff and throwing sprite at me! Life is not dull while she is here! Oh and to make things more fun we have been without water for over an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment