I knew going into this I was going to get attached, I always do but never in a million years did I think I would get attached so fast and so hard. Each of my trips I have had kiddos steal a place in my heart and both their mommas and them know just how much I love them but Annie has already started a totally different bond then I had with any of the others. These first couple of days I don't believe would have gone as well as they have if it was not for all of your prayers. As I said in my first post she is not normally one that is open to anyone else. No one else has held her but me. This morning as we were getting ready to leave I was nervous because her we go I am taking her from the arms of comfort and putting her in a car that is going to take her to this big unknown place. This little princess is a rockstar she barely fussed as we left and she absolutely LOVED the sling ring. I have to put a big shout out to Heather Downing and her Cassiope Woven store for the amazing donation of our ring sling. It was the biggest lifesaver during the airport, plane ride and taxi cab ride :) She was so comfy and all smiles when she was not sleeping.
On our way out of the airport we did swing by McDonalds and grabbed some chicken nuggets and french fries to share for the taxi ride. I cracked up because Annie fell asleep with a french fry in her hand on our way.
When we arrived at the hospital it was a furry because our plane was delayed and then we had a missing stroller so everyone was just glad to see us when we arrived. All I can say is I am so thankful that God has allowed me to have this job even though it is far from easy I just can't imagine her going through all of this alone. We are in full pre op mode and will have some procedures done before she has her big surgery later this month.
(Insert hospital pictures)
* That Annie stays healthy enough for her surgery
* For the doctors as they make the decisions on how they are going to preform the surgery
* For Annie to know that I will be right on the other side of the doors waiting for her when I have to send her back. So far for everything I have been able to stay by her side.
*Tomorrow our time she will have her first procedure so prayers that all goes well and the doctors are able to gather all the information needed.
*For me as I send her off and wait during that time because I know it won't be easy and I sure there will be lots of tears ( I started tearing up during her bloodwork)
* For me to stay healthy as well while her so that I will be able to stay with her where ever she is
* For the weather- HK is expecting a typhoon tomorrow and that could mess things up as well as one of the other girls are supposed to be be flying in tomorrow with her baby.
* For the other 2 girls that are at a different hospital with NH babies taking care of them. They have a bit crazier of a room so they need lots of prayers.
* For Annie's forever family to find her before I leave in September.
Thank you all for your amazing love and support.